Research has shown that that there are high levels of young people in custody and in the community that are neurodiverse (learning difficulties and disabilities-LDD) and/or have Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) which could increase the risk of offending.
Knowing how to support each child or young person and also considering the context of their often complex and chaotic lives is a real challenge. Do-IT Profiler helps to make personalised provision a reality both in the secure estate and Youth Justice Services.
Benefits of Do-IT Profiler
- Tools designed and tested for youth offending settings.
- Individualised reports show strengths and challenges-instant feedback for the child/young person (where appropriate)
- Practical strategies to support identified challenges for the child/young person, contextualised to their age and the environment
- Practical strategies to support identified challenges for staff working in with the child/young person, contextualised to the environment
- Built in resources in PDF documents, sound files and bitesize videos for the child/young person to access
- Instant data at child/young person, group and centre/organisational level to support signposting to partner services (i.e CAMHS, Schools, Social
Services), intervention planning, reporting and compliance
- Available in multi- languages for children/young people whose English is not their first language
- Supports a child/young person-centred approach
What’s in the Profiler system?
- The Do-IT Profiler package is dependent on the child/young person and organisation’s needs and setting.
The Do-IT Profiler web based system includes access to the Neurodiversity Screening tools (taking a whole child/young person approach to screening) and additional tools that can be added which include:
- Wellbeing tools with associated resources
- Psychological Maturity Assessment tools
- Strengths based measure
- Literacy, numeracy and ICT tools
- Monitoring tools to measure distance travelled and outcomes
- Tool to help with preparation for training and employment
- Goal setting tools
- Teacher/parent input modulesThe Do-IT Profiler team will work with organisations to identify the pack and create bespoke modules if required.