Do-IT have developed specialist tools for specific settings which have been contextually adapted to ensure they are appropriate to that setting and for the purpose they are being used.
Do-IT Profiler Benefits
With more than 25 years of experience both clinically and in research, relating to learning difficulties and disabilities, we have had extensive direct experience of working with a number of organisations developing contextually appropriate solutions whether in education, residential and employment training, apprentice, justice and employment settings.
We have specialist knowledge of:
• Neurodiversity and co-occurring patterns or overlap
• Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Developmental Language Disorders
• Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD
• Learning Disability/Intellectual Disability
We can provide specialist training specifically about conditions that fall under the umbrella of neurodiversity. We prefer to deliver training about the whole person and how to consider your processes, polices and getting your environment right will help to understand and how to best provide support to people who are neurodiverse.
We have delivered training to over 100,000 people nationally and internationally. Our style is accessible and interactive and is always considers the context and your organisation’s needs.
Autism Spectrum Disorders/Conditions and Learning Disability
Working with organisations collaboratively we have developed screening and assessment tools for in-depth understanding of children and adults with complex needs, who require detailed mapping to understand the person in the context of their lives.
This has been developed in line with the International Classification of Disability and Health(ICF).
They can be used in residential and specialist school settings e.g. for detailed pre-entry assessment
We have tools developed that can provide practical information and guidance relating to:
• Neurodiversity and overlapping patterns and screen for this providing personalised profiles but specific to the age and context
• Dyslexia– we provide tools to assess for dyslexia traits in order to understand where challenges lie so specific intervention or support can be most appropriately given
• DCD/Dyspraxia – Amanda, along with colleagues has developed the Adult DCD screener. This is used internationally and is available free on this site.
• Autism Spectrum Disorder- we have developed some specific tools to help understand a person’s specific sensory issues so that organisations can understand what support will be most helpful and the environmental adaptations will be most comfortable for the person.
• Learning Disability/Intellectual Disability- a specialist suite of tools, developed in consultation with organisations working with and supporting people who are learning disabled considers the person’s individual’s needs including tools for independent living, socialising and communicating.